Are you ready for the new legislation?
This one day EU Data Protection Regulation Workshop is intended to be interactive so that the delegates grasp a detailed understanding of the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and how it will work in an everyday practical situation.
The workshop will be based on the final text version of the Regulation.
BUT WHAT ABOUT ‘BREXIT’
If the UK wishes to share, or store personal data about citizens of the EU we will need to comply with the existing EU Directive and the new GDPR Regulation.
The UK will therefore have to comply, to the letter, of the new EU regulation.
In a nutshell, now the UK has decided to leave the EU, if we wish to trade with the EU we will need to comply in full with EU Data Protection Laws; we will therefore need to embrace GDPR regardless of whether we are in or out of the EU club.
The GDPR will become law on 25th May 2018 well before the two year countdown triggered by Article 50, and it is doubtful given the other time pressures upon Parliament that this legislation will be amended anytime soon. read our LinkedIn post on Brexit and what next.
The issues to be covered include:
- The scope of the Regulation to include the territorial applicability
- The differences in the definitions under the 1998 Act
- The differences in the Principles under the 1998 Act
- A detailed analysis of ‘consent’ and ‘legitimate business interests’
- The new obligations on both the Data Processor and the Data Controller
- The new data breach reporting requirements
- The differences between the Rights under the 1998 Act
- The differences to the exemptions from the 1998 Act
- The role of the Data Protection Officer under the Regulation
- The role of the Regulator – consequences of non-compliance, sanctions and penalties
- The One-Stop-Shop Principle
- Data Portability
- Privacy Impact Assessments and Privacy By Design
- Codes of Conduct and Certification
- International data transfers
- The practical steps you should undertake for implementation of the Regulation
- Brief details about the related Directive for law enforcement agencies
What is included in the day:
This Trainer led workshop held over a full day, includes course workbook, handouts, all the knowledge you need to prepare your organisation for the new GDPR, refreshments and a light lunch
The delegates will take away a wealth of useful information both in both knowledge and actual documentation
Mike Martin and Paul Adams our course Trainers have over 50 years experience between them in the data, data protection and governance industry. They are experienced and enthusiastic professionals who bring to life what could be a dull subject using real-life case studies, anecdotes, creative learning techniques and humour.