This course covers the current Data Protection Principles in detail together with elements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The course will answer questions such as:-
- Do I need to register on the ICO’s register of fee payers?
- What is fair and lawful processing?
- What are the rights of individuals?
- When do I need to report a data-breach?
- What do I do if I receive a subject access request?
- What level of training is adequate?
- Can I still transfer my data oversees to sites such as DropBox and OneDrive?
We explore areas including:-
- The six Data Protection Principles.
- Rights of the Individual.
- Lawful bases for processing.
- When consent is required.
- GDPR notions of Accountability, Transparency and Power Imbalance.
- Rules regarding permission, direct marketing and social media,
- When breaches must be reported.
- Subject Access Requests.
- When you need to appoint a Data Protection Officer
- Sanctions and penalties
7 hours of Trainer led instruction with interactive quizzes and videos.
A one-hour optional multiple-choice exam can be taken at the end of the day.
The public courses are delivered by experienced data protection professionals at regional hotels or conference centres, or we can deliver a private in-house course at your location.
The maximise number of Learners per course is set at 15.
Our Level 2 – Foundation Course in Data Protection will give you the essential elements you need to know about about the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018.
- Take you from “zero to hero” in just one day
- Increased knowledge and confidence
- Protect your organisation
- Due Diligence defence in the case of a breach
Or call us to discuss your requirements +44 (0)1673 885533