The General Data Protection regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) mandates that all employees, Directors, voluntary staff, consultants and any other member of your team who can access personal data, are trained in data protection to an appropriate level.
This requirement extends to those individuals responsible for protecting your IT infrastructure and also Data Processors processing data on your behalf.
Our Level 2 Foundation Course in Data Protection has evolved over the years to offer a perfect solution to this mandatory requirement. The optional exam, which is independently set and examined by Hand In Hand Professionals Limited, is the perfect vehicle to train your team in the essential elements of Data Protection.
This Level 2 course will build on our Level 1 eLearning course and take your team from zero to hero in just one day. They will learn about lawful bases for processing, the 6 Data Protection Principles in detail, GDPR notions and understand the reasons for good governance and the major potholes and pitfalls to watch out for. Other essentials areas such as the PECR Regulations will be briefly discussed to explain about TPS and eMailing Marketing.
Our trainers are experienced professionals, enthusiastic, passionate and on a mission to make Data Protection accessible, enjoyable and as fun to learn as physically possible.
Previous learners enjoyed the course because:-
- Sensitive conversations could take place with confidentiality
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable trainers
- Structured content and delivery and learner friendly course and revision books
- Logical progression through the subject
- Practical examples and case studies
- Formal exam to prove understanding
Learners will gain:-
1. An understanding of the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018
2. Awareness of the consequences of failing to comply with data protection legislation
3. Details of how to stay within the law when conducting your day-to-day activities, including:-
- Understanding what is and is not lawful
- Restrictions on data capture
- Data processing and the law
- Keeping data accurate
- Controlling personal or sensitive data and the rights of the individual
- How, as an individual staff member, you can uphold your company security systems
- Maintaining your good reputation through the prevention of human error causing a security breach.
- Subject Access Requests
- Breach reporting
- Direct Marketing dos and don’ts
Qualification Specifications & Independently Set Examination
This Level 2 course is independently examined by Hand In Hand Professionals Limited – they have a strict syllabus to which we must teach, as any of the content may occur in the exam. You can read the qualification specifications here