Events Search and Views Navigation
Upcoming Events › Level 2 – Foundation Course in Data Protection
In this digitally linked era Data Protection and Information Governance is becoming more and more important every single day. The trend towards stricter legislation shows no sign of slowing down, and the introduction of the EU's GDPR Regulation has only increased the burden and responsibilities on businesses and organisations even further.
A significant percentage of business who suffer a severe cyber attack or significant data breach sadly suffer irreparable damage, and the costs of the breach in both financial and monetary terms and reputational damage cause many to cease trading.
Whether we are talking about Directors or senior leaders making policy decisions, front line staff actually processing data or the support staff in IT responsible for protecting your networks, everone must receive appropriate training in data protection and information governance for the role which they perform.
Our Level 2 – Foundation Course in Data Protection, the optional exam to which is independently set and examined by Hand In Hand Professionals Limited, is the perfect vehicle to train your team in the essential elements of GDPR and Data Protection.
This Level 2 course will build on our Level 1 eLearning course and take your team from zero to hero in just one day. They will learn about Data Protection Principles, the underlying GDPR notions of Accountability, Transparency and Power Imbalance, explore the essential lawful conditions for processing and keys rights of Data Subjects and responsibilities of Data Controllers.
By the end of the day Learners will understand the reasons for good governance, understand fundamental concepts such as breach reporting, how to manage a subject access request, and be aware of the major potholes and pitfalls to watch out for.
Our trainers are experienced professionals, enthusiastic, passionate and on a mission to make Data Protection accessible, enjoyable and as fun to learn as physically possible.
Previous learners enjoyed the course because:-
- Sensitive conversations could take place with confidentiality
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable trainers
- Structured content and delivery and learner friendly course and revision books
- Logical progression through the subject
- Practical examples and case studies
- Formal exam to prove understanding
Learners will gain:-
1. An understanding of the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018.
2. Awareness of the consequences of failing to comply with the Data protection legislation.
3. Details of how to stay within the law when conducting your day-to-day activities, including:-
- Understanding what is and is not lawful
- Restrictions on data capture
- Data processing and the law
- Keeping data accurate
- Controlling personal or sensitive data and the rights of the individual
- How, as an individual staff member, you can uphold your company security systems
- Maintaining your good reputation through the prevention of human error causing a security breach.
- Subject Access Requests
Qualification Specifications & Independently Set Examination
This Level 2 course is independently examined by Hand In Hand Qualification Awards Limited - they have a strict syllabus to which we must teach, as any of the content may occur in the exam. You can read the qualification specifications here