Events Search and Views Navigation
Upcoming Events › Level 3 – Data Protection Practitioners Course
Our Level 3 – Data Protection Practitioners Course run over 6 days and including an eLearning module is designed to give any Data Protection, Compliance, Information Security or Privacy Officer all of the information, background knowledge and resources that they require to perform their duties and comply with their legal obligations within that role.
The Course is delivered by data protection professionals in an engaging and innovative way designed to aid easy learning and facilitate the long-term retention of this valuable information.
- Exploration of Privacy
- Outline of associated complementary, and at times conflicting legislation, including the Human Rights Act.
- All data protection legislation including the EU GDPR and UK Data Protection Act 2018
- The relevant EU and UK Electronic legislation including The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC and Telecommunications Directive 97/66/EC.
- The course will dissect and explore in detail the relevant sections, articles, recitals, sections, schedules, definitions, and principles of the Data Protection legislation including rights of individuals, permissions, legitimising conditions, exemptions, fair collection notices and privacy policies, consents, third party permissions, sharing, data processing contracts, data security, transfers, breach reporting, DPIA's, legitimate interest impact assessments and much more.
- Learners will gain an introduction to marketing and the Law.
- By the end of the course Learners will know how to protect their organisation, understand and be able to manage oversight within the organisation, be able to create data maps, perform risk assessments and have the skills to be able to demonstrate full compliance with the legislation.
Enforcement, Sanctions and Penalties
- Role of the ICO, Tribunals and Courts
- Legal powers, sanctions and penalties available both in civil and criminal actions.
- Appeals process
- How to take preventative action and perform due-diligence
Sectors and Codes of Practice covered
- Private, Public, Third and Health Sectors, Human Resources, Financial and Legal Services
- CCTV, Privacy Notices, Privacy Impact Assessments, Data Sharing, Subject Access Requests, Breach Reporting, Anonymisation and psedonymisation.
Risk, Governance and Compliance
- Introduction to governance culture, risk and privacy impact assessments, gap analysis and compliance
Mike Martin and Paul Adams our course Trainers have over 50 years experience between them in the data, data protection and governance industry. They are experienced and enthusiastic professionals who bring to life what could be a dull subject using real-life case studies, anecdotes, creative learning techniques and humour.
6 day course in three modules: -
- Module 1: 3 x days of trainer led instruction
- Module 2: eLearning module
- Module 3: 3 x days. 2 days of trainer led instruction, immediately followed by a morning of revision and exam in the afternoon.
The fee for the 6 day course, including the eLearning module and exam fee is: £2,350 plus VAT
Please note: in some out of town locations residential accommodation is available. If this is required this can be arranged on behalf of the Learner; the cost of the accommodation will be in addition to the course fee.
A three hour ‘open book’ written examination set and overseen by Hand In Professionals will validate the understanding of the Learner.
Full exam syllabus to be issued shortly.
Prerequisite of Course
Learners will be expected to have attended our Level 2 Foundation Course in Data Protection, and/or have equivalent experience and or working knowledge of the GDPR and Data Protection Principles.
How to reserve your place, record your interest or ask a question
You can complete this online booking or interest form and we will do the rest, or call us to discuss your requirements on +44 (0)1673 885533