ICO provides GDPR self-assessments as we get closer to May 25th14th May 2018
With every passing day taking us closer to the 25th May, many different organisations are panicking as they desperately try and ready themselves for the new legislation: GDPR.
The assessment is split into these seven sections:
Data Protection Assurance Checklist
- In this section, the ICO help you identify whether you are a controller or a processor of data, and then information regarding consent and data breaches is provided for both options.
- This section allows you to assess your compliance in terms of security of both mobile and home working, removable media and malware protection.
- This sections tests whether you are prepared and ready for the e-Privacy regulation that is set to be implemented later this year.
- Here you can assess how well you are storing your records – specifically people’s personal information. This section will highlight if you need to update your record storing system.
Data Sharing and Subject Access
- Here you can assess your data sharing policies and your current process for dealing with a data request.
- Check that your CCTV has been installed correctly and is appropriately managed and signposted.
Upon completing this assessment, you may find that you still have a lot to prepare for before GDPR comes into play. Don’t worry though, Griffin House Consultancy can help. We are a team of friendly and qualified auditors who can help you prepare for the upcoming ruling. We can perform a GDPR compliance audit and GDPR Gap analysis on specific departments, individual offices, or across your entire operation.
Get in touch today on 01673 885533 or email us on [email protected].